Differentiate into a blastocyst (the embryo itself) and a trophoblast (precursor of the placenta). Normally implantation in the endometrium occurs around six or seven days after fertilization. When implantation occurs outside the uterine cavity, what is known as an ectopic pregnancy has occurred . Fortunately, this implantation failure only occurs in 2% of cases.
Around 97% of ectopic pregnancies take place in the fallopian tubes , specifically in the ampulla, in the isthmus or in the fimbriae. The other 3% are somewhat rarer cases such as in the uterine horn, in the ovary, in the abdominal cavity, the broad ligament, in the fax number list cervix or in the vagina. In general, any physical abnormality that hinders the migration of the morula along the fallopian tubes may be a risk factor that predisposes a woman to an ectopic pregnancy. In the same way, there are other factors such as defects in the epithelium of the tubes , or even hormonal factors that can also be decisive.
Ectopic pregnancy: symptoms some specific situations that can condition the appearance of an ectopic pregnancy can be, for example, the previous suffering from a sexually transmitted disease , the fact that the woman has previously undergone tubal surgery , frequent smoking or being of an older age . Between 35 and 44 years old among many others. It has been postulated that taking oral contraceptives or having previously given birth by caesarean section could be important risk factors. However, there is no convincing scientific evidence to lead us to this conclusion. Inesem business school master in health